RCG Recipes- Venison Enchiladas
- 1/2 pound of ground deer meat
- 2 dried Ancho Chiles, stemmed & seeded
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 kosher salt
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons no salt tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) pre-screened, 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 3 thinly sliced green onions, divided
- Cooking spray
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons light source cream
Hands on 55 minutes
Total 1 hour 10 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cook your ground deer in saucepan
3.Combine Chiles & water in saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes. Drain Chiles in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
4. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add onion; sauté 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through cumin); cook 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour onion mixture into blender; add Chiles and resume liquid. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid. Blend until smooth; stir in lime juice and red pepper.
6.Combine the beans, 1 cup cheese, and half the green onions in a bowl. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch glass dish coated with cooking spray. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 3 tablespoons bean mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over filled tortillas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining green onions; serve with sour cream on the side.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
ReelCamo Girl Team Member
CONNECT WITH HER ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM!
ReelCamo Girl is a lifestyle brand focused on ladies who love the outdoors.There is a growing need for a place for women to share their outdoor experiences, as well as an interest in clean eating and self-sufficiency. Through our website and social media networks, we offer a safe place where the ladies can share their pictures, stories, wild game and fish recipes, and news articles about conservation and hunting perspectives.
ReelCamo girls are strong, capable, kind, compassionate, nature & country-loving individuals. We encourage responsible and ethical hunting. We care about the land and wildlife management and about long term sustainability. We hunt, fish, dive, shoot and hike…for peace of mind, happiness, pure clean protein & connection to the outdoors. ReelCamoGirls can shoot a gun, draw a bow, track an animal, get CAMOed up, bait a hook, clean a fish and still be feminine.