SIMPLY THE BEST GAME ROAST RECIPE
I love trying new ways to cook game meat. I REALLY love simple recipes that require little effort and time! This is my go-to crockpot recipe when cooking roasts or ham steaks. You can use any kind of game meat with this recipe and I promise you won’t be disappointed. My personal favorite meats to use are sika deer and axis deer. It is best served with some type of potato and a vegetable.
- 1 roast (or several layered ham steaks)
- 1 ranch dressing seasoning packet
- 1 au jus seasoning packet
- 2 TBSP
- 1 jar of pepperoncini peppers
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 beer of your choice
1. Place roast in the crockpot
2. Pour ranch dressing and au jus packets on top of the roast
3. Dump in the entire jar of pepperoncinis (including liquid)
4. Toss in 3 smashed garlic cloves
5. Drop in two tablespoons of butter
6. Smother everything with a beer
7. Cook on low heat for 8 hours
8. Serve with potatoes and veggies!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Forest Ranger Supervisor, Wellington Lake CO
ReelCamo Girl and Pacific Calls Pro Staff
2018 Extreme Huntress Competitor
Hunter, fisher, and outdoor enthusiast!
Connect with her on Facebook and Instagram!
Facebook: Randi M Clark
ABOUT REELCAMO GIRL:
ReelCamo Girl is a lifestyle brand focused on ladies who love the outdoors.There is a growing need for a place for women to share their outdoor experiences, as well as an interest in clean eating and self-sufficiency. Through our website and social media networks, we offer a safe place where the ladies can share their pictures, stories, wild game and fish recipes, and news articles about conservation and hunting perspectives.
ReelCamo Girls are strong, capable, kind, compassionate, nature & country-loving individuals. We encourage responsible and ethical hunting. We care about the land and wildlife management and about long term sustainability. We hunt, fish, dive, shoot and hike…for peace of mind, happiness, pure clean protein & connection to the outdoors. ReelCamoGirls can shoot a gun, draw a bow, track an animal, get CAMOed up, bait a hook, clean a fish and still be feminine.